Thursday, October 31, 2013

Quilt Festival–Houston, TX

The exhibit of quilts made by Libby Lehman is spectacular and very special.
Libby Lehman

I was so pleased that Libby’s son Les and sister Ellen let me pose with them in front of one of Libby’s quilts. 
IMG_8927

Here is my sister Emily admiring another one of Libby’s quilts.
IMG_8837

I really enjoyed visiting with the maker of this quilt.
IMG_8897

This kaleidoscope by Paula Nadelstern caught my attention.
IMG_8873

This quilt was inspired from a sketch this lady doodled and colored with her grandson.
IMG_8854

The Best of Show is “Chihuly”s Gondola” by Melissa Sobotka.
IMG_8829

 This smaller quilt called “Wind” by Masanobu Miyama is exceptionally well done.IMG_8839

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julia - Seeing these quilts is almost overwhelming. It brought back memories of the first time I went to Paducah. I'm glad you and Emily were able to go!
-coleensr

QuiltinGal said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Wish I could have joined you.

Live a Colorful Life said...

How wonderful to see those quilts in person!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

Such beautiful quilts! Lucky you to be able to see them up close and in real life! Thanks for bearing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...