Monday, November 24, 2014

Another Glimpse Through the Lattice

On my design wall...
IMG_5248

I chose these fabrics a couple weeks ago trying to decide if they would work for another “lattice” quilt.
[IMG_5050%255B4%255D.jpg]

The process has begun.
IMG_5225

And it continues to take shape though I switched sides of the countertop.
IMG_5235

The fusing is finished.
IMG_5247

I pinned it to my design wall and tacked up the rockers that didn’t make the cut for my first “lattice.” I’ll think on this for a while before finishing. Maybe another blue rocker, or 2 blue rockers, or … something completely different.
IMG_5248

Linking to:
 Wednesdays are WOW days crazy mom quilts Confessions of a Fabric Addict Creations by Nina-Marie

10 comments:

CapitolaQuilter said...

Such a cool image and technique. A single black chair would be awesome - a bit of a lonely statement piece, but a huge impact if you wanted to go that direction.

Glenda said...

Julia thank you for a wonder tutorial and idea. I have a teenage DGD who would love to make a quilt hanging like this, she is doing art at school and wanted to make a quilt as one pot her projects this would be a lot more fun rather than a traditional quilt. Kind Regards Glenda Australia.

Marsha Cooper said...

I have no idea how you got that lattice effect, but it sure is cool.

Schulz Family said...

visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love it when someone does different stuff

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

beautiful fabric choices, they give such a contrast between the light and dark areas of the lattice.

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

I love how you make the lattice. Very cool technique. Beautiful art quilt so far!

Catherine said...

Thats a really clever technique. Thank you for sharing.

Kaja said...

This is a clever technique and the piece you are making has a really strong sense of atmosphere about it. Really interesting work.

Muv said...

Hello Julia,

What an amazing effect! I love the chairs. I vote that they should stay on the quilt.

Love from England, Muv

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I love your lattice quilts! I really like it with the 2 chairs - just like it is in the photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...