Friday, June 05, 2015

Holiday Pines ... Continued

I have now added a gray border to "Holiday Pines," bringing elements from the center of the quilt out into the border. You can see where I started this quilt HERE.

My goal for this quilt is to merge or integrate fiber art with traditional utility type quilts. It measures around 60"X60" and is big enough for a throw for the back of a couch or small enough for a wall in your mountain cabin.

Now, my question is how should I quilt it? Is it complete with the gray borders? With what color should it be bound?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Adding those elements to the borders makes the design very strong. It is a beauty. I am curious how you will quilt it. I am a beginner and I have my ideas, but I think you will make better choices.
Have fun with the quilting.

Paige said...

Love your design, the border if perfect! Deciding how to quilt a piece is always a struggle for me. I was wondering how horizontal sloping lines that followed the angles of the snow here and there would look. I'm thinking red binding. Cant' wait to see how this finishes up.

Laura said...

I agree with red binding and just LOVE the way you created the shadows! I think some minimal straight line quilting that highlights the images' angles might be good for this wonderful piece.

E lee said...

It was so nice to meet you in Paducah. I enjoy following your work, and family events.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...