Friday, July 24, 2015

A Glimpse Through the Lattice -- Roses

I'm working on a new lattice quilt. The challenge is to use the fabrics provided plus a few of your choice.

I marked a grid on the pink fabric and cut square patches from the floral fabric and fused them down onto the grided pink fabric.


Then I did the same for the green fabric; which is hard to see against the brown cardboard.

Now there are a pink and a green lattice window ready to use.

Close up of green lattice.

Close up of pink lattice.

Next I made a grid on the solid black fabric and fused another section of floral patches. When I was about 1/2 done with that I decided to lay the uncut floral next to the black lattice and I liked the effect.

I retrieved the small pink triangles from leftovers from my "Only a Lily" quilt and laid them around the composition.

Thinking that it still needed another element, I cut narrow strips to form three pink lattices in random areas. I thought maybe they may look too bulky.

So I tried laying a mesh at random areas.

I think I like the pink strips best.

Linking to Nina Maria's "Off the Wall Friday."

3 comments:

Cerwinhigh@gmail.com said...

Your quilting skills amaze me. Doris

Unknown said...

Amazing what you are doing!! You must have patience.
The pink lattice is the best in my opinion. I come back to see it finished.

Marcy said...

Wow. Looks wonderful. Very clever idea and looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...