Monday, November 30, 2015

A Mystery Quilt -- Allietare

I'm ready again to join in the fun of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. This year her inspiration came from her trip to Italy. She is calling the quilt Allietare which means "to gladden, to rejoice, to become cheerful."
Winter Mystery 2015 - Allietare!

I have chosen these fabrics that closely resemble her colors; although my reds and golds are more bright.

I tried to keep my neutrals with a creamy background although some are lighter than others. 

And my blacks are mostly prints that have golds, greens and other colors in them.


I have finished the clue for this week; 294 of these half square triangle units all done. We won't get our next clue until Friday. I have no idea what this quilt is going to look like other than it will be scrappy.









A few years ago I did Bonnie's mystery quilt called Orca Bay. It's still needing the borders on it.
b3

To see what others are doing in this mystery you can click on the link below. I think it is fun to see different color combinations that others are using.

Part 1 Link up Party

Patchwork Times

15 comments:

Saged Crone said...

Love the bright golds! Can't wait to see the finished project..Good Luck and Happy quilting!

Frances Meredith said...

HI Julia, I love watching your mystery each year, have a great journey!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your colors, especially all those lovely neutrals. I need to be brave and quit using such boring neutrals. I am looking forward to your progress.

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I like your choices of color.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oh my Heavens..I LOVE your beautiful fabrics..the neutrals are just Lovely...major fabric envy.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Orca Bay is turning out beautifully and I'm sure that your Allietare will, too!!

Marti said...

I like your color choices on this one and your Orca Bay is beautiful.

Andee said...

Looking good!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Beautiful choices, though that Orca Bay distracts me from everything else--I really must make it.

Vireya said...

Great start to the mystery!

And your Orca Bay is beautiful.

Vireya said...

Great start to the mystery! And your Orca Bay is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I am SO looking forward to how this turns out. I love the reds and golds. Orca Bay was a beautiful quilt, too!

Kathleen said...

Your fabrics are beautiful! Looking forward to your finished product. I follow Bonnie's blog but don't do the mystery quilts. Love seeing how the quilts of others turn out though.

Kate said...

You are working with a beautiful palette!

Heather Pregger said...

it's a beautiful palette, and Bonnie's mystery quilts are always fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...