Monday, March 28, 2016

"Bumbo" and Life

I am trying to streamline the process of my "Lily" class; so I sent the background fabric through the printer and printed a grid onto the fabric. ... (I think I've found another way I'll like better yet. Pounce with a grid!)

Anyway, here's "Bumbo!" I used a light creamy thread to free motion embroidery highlights in and around the elephant.

Next I layered the backing, batting, and the top. Oh, the fun of straight line quilting.

Then I decided to do some more stitching, highlighting in and around the elephant again.

The back is complete with a label and a hanger.

"Bumbo"
6.5" X 10.0"
Cotton patches fused to a cotton background.
Heavily quilted with Superior's Thread.
$75.00
~~~~~~~~~~~
It was so pretty on Saturday. The boys pulled out the "Leagle Eagle" ultralights and flew over to the neighbors fly-in for lunch.


Paul took me for a Saturday evening drive and stopped along the way for me to take pictures.

This cattle corral is just up the road from our place right next to the iris field. I need to go back soon to capture more of the iris' in bloom.


Of special interest to Paul was the corn emerging through the ground.

We stopped along Joel's fish pond before heading home.
 Patchwork Times Needle and Thread Thursday
Sew Fresh Quilts Creations by Nina-Marie
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both sides of your elephant! Beautiful place to lice!!

Anonymous said...

I love your work. I also find your story, as I have pieced it together, quite interesting. I live in northeast Alabama. Are there Mennonites in Mississippi? I had no idea. I am so glad that you posted your link on Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times site. :-) Sara Schmidt at ohsirius7 at hotmail.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a neat quilt!! My brother has a ultralight too!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your quilt turned out great. The label is so cute too. Wonderful work!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Bumbo is a work of art! Just beautiful!

Celtic Thistle said...

Fabulous quilt, and flying in for lunch sounds like so much fun :)

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

So wonderful, that elephant. I am definitely partial to ellies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...