I didn't get very far with the sewing of clue #2 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt "En Provence." At least all the pieces are cut out. I opted for a more subdued magenta with gold. The background fabric here is what I plan to use as my light purple.
Paul learned to know Pea Picker from driving truck. He asked Paul if I would make a quilt from his daddy's ties who had passed away sometime earlier. His daddy was a funeral director and dressed up a lot; so he had a big assortment of ties. I spent many hours carefully picking out the stitching and getting them ready to use. Then I decided I really do need to wash them on a very gentle cycle. So I did ... and then I had a big mess of mangled ties. My new washing machine twists and mangles so many things, even jeans. (I think I'm ready for another brand. Maybe Speed Queen.)
So then I worked at ironing them out and fusing a lightweight woven interfacing to the back of the ties to stabilize them and cut out rectangles.
I'm alternating a whole block with a smaller framed block and will decide on placement when I get most of the framed blocks sewn.