Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So Many Quilts to Make

There are so many quilts that I want to make. There is so much inspiration and so many ideas out there that I'll never get them all made. But I'm working at as many as I can while I can.
This Mystery Quilt, Orca Bay is from Bonnie Hunter. She uses lots of scrap fabric and makes marvelous quilts. She also cuts the fabric into very small pieces. I'm hoping I don't bog down on this mystery. I'm already behind. While others have already made 224 hour glass units at 2.5" square, I'm only just gathering my fabric for a picture.u8
And then this next set of fabric is for a quilt or two from Father's shirts. I'm cutting out the seams and saving fabric from the collars and cuffs. Polly cut the shirts in half so we each have the same fabric to work with.
t39
I have fond memories of father wearing a lot of these shirts. And then I'm getting glimpses of Mother's care for Father by altering the shirts to fit him. His arms were so short and she had to take the sleeves off at the shoulder and cut off an inch or two and then sew them back on again. And then I found seams where she had sewed in the seam under the arm. I have 2 patterns in mind to make with these treasures.
k14 u9 k21

5 comments:

Limbania said...

What a great stash of fabric. I'm also getting my fabrics ready for Orca Bay. Hope I get step 1 done before Friday but doubt it.
Father's shirts fabric is wonderful too. Will love to see what you do with them.

Limbania in AZ

Candace said...

I love your colors, your quilt is going to be lovely.

Ellen said...

Wonderful fabrics for you to work with. Your Father's shirts are very special and whatever they become will be a family treasure.

Helen in the UK said...

Loving your colours for the mystery - nice and clear and bright! The shirts will make some wonderful quilts and memories too :)

Sue said...

Your fabrics are lovely. What a wonderful way to remember your Father. I'm only just getting my stash together....in week two. I'm sure there are more slow pokes like us. As Bonnie says, it is not a race. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...