Sunday, May 08, 2016

Mississippi Ag Museum in Bloom

I feel honored to be among 4 other Mississippi fiber artists in this rendition of the Mississippi Ag Museum in Jackson. I had section #4 of 5 sections and I call my piece "Small Town Mississippi." My piece measures 25"X36" and is made by fusing commercial cottons and then stitching and quilting heavily.

Small Town Mississippi

Detail

Detail

Label on the back.

The back with hanging sleeve.

This is the picture we worked from which was divided and each person was given a black & white copy of the finished size of their section.

Mississippi Ag Museum in Bloom

Starting from the left the artists are:
1. Marcus Weekley

I decided to take 'artist license' to make blooming flowers in my section to cheer and brighten it up. Now, I'm not too sure that was a good idea. They seem to stick out like a sore thumb!
Patchwork Times Quiltfabrication Needle and Thread Thursday
Creations by Nina-Marie  
Fort Worth Fabric Studio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...