Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Union Station

Last night I sewed the border on to the "Union Station" comfort top. I'm hoping that our Sewing Circle will tie it and then pass it along to charity. Sewing the blocks together was not for the faint of heart. There were way too many 'partial' seams to make it fun. And then too, I was dissappointed that it didn't look more like the picture from which I got my inspiration. Is it that my gray is too light or should my colors be brighter? Check out the difference here. Would quilting it with a dark gray thread help?
t30

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

I like it! I think your inspiration used a darker grey AND brighter colours. Personally I wouldn't use a dark grey for quilting as you might just dull it down. Bonnie Hunter suggests a gold thread to pull together scrappy quilts ... something to think on :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...