Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Blue Chair

This week's photo challenge theme is "chair."

I first put Ashton's plastic adirondack chair in the shrub bed in front of the house and took a picture of it.

Then I printed the picture in sepia onto fabric that was ironed to freezer paper. The blue chair was cut out and fused to the sepia printed fabric.
I also sent the backing fabric through the printer, layered the three layers and then quilted and bound it.

Detail

Emily is here again and we are working on a charity quilt for SLM Ministeries.


The inspiration for this quilt came from Lotta Charm by Film in the Fridge.


Lily's Quilts



One Artsy Mama


16 comments:

Coleen B said...

Julia, you did it again!! I always wonder what you are going to come up with next. I love it! And Emily, I love your project for SLM. You are so giving!!
-coleensr

Jacs Sacs said...

You are such an artistic quilter!! I love that bold blue fabric you used for the chair.

Lauren H said...

Love your Blue Chair mini quilt! And I love everything that Ashley of Film in the Fridge makes!

Marilyn said...

i'm liking that charity quilt... ;)

Doris High said...

If I was a quilter, I would want to learn from your or one of your sisters.

Jeane said...

Love your Blue Chair mini quilt, had to look up sepia printing. Very interesting!

heather said...

That's a great technique for the sepia printing and adding a pop of blue.

Isisjem said...

That chair is amazing. It makes me want to touch it. great work!

Anonymous said...

Love the blue chair...great technique.
Amanda

amanda@materialgirlquilts.com

Katie B said...

Beautiful work! I love the charity quilt. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great Chair, love how you did it.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your "chair" is amazing. So much detail.

Melissa Corry said...

Love how you did the chair. Amazing!!!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

WOW that is awesome. So much fantastic detail. Well done! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF. :)

Lynette said...

Love that blue chair piece. Looks cool even on the back! :) And looks like you ladies used a quilt-as-you-go approach on the charity quilt? Which is super cool, by the way!

Nancy said...

Blue Chair is really imaginative and lovely! Charity quilt is looking good, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...