Monday, January 28, 2013

Interwoven

It took more than a quilt to unite the North and the South. However in thinking of The Blue and the Grey, I decided to depict “Quilting America’s Great Divide” with what looks like interwoven strips of fabric as weaving the country back into one unit.
IMG_1192

I started this quilt back here and wasn’t very happy with it. I laid out glitzy thread and shinny netting but it still didn’t make it’s way into the quilt.
IMG_1199

Stacy and Kirby …
IMG_1215

… helped me with a photo shoot.
IMG_1219

Kirby is all done!
IMG_1229

And Stacy stayed for another pose.
IMG_1238
Statics
Name: Interwoven
Size: 33” X 31 1/2”
Fiber: 100% cotton
Thread: cotton and polyester
Date: January 2013

IMG_1241
IMG_1208
I did meet my goal with Fiber of All Sorts of finishing this quilt by the end of January.
And now my goal for February is to get Talya’s quilt quilted, bound, and completely finished including the documentation.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I like it. :) That's such a great picture on the siding - how did you stick it there? And is that another quilt inside the window?

Anonymous said...

Great photo shoot. I just love little boys. =) Everything goes better with a little boy! The quilt is so interesting, and thank you for the explanation. It truly fits what you did.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Okay...I really like the quilt design. BUT...my absolute favorites are the those wonderful "helpers"!!! =D

hugZ,
annie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...