Sunday, January 27, 2013

Romania (3)

On Sunday we drove 4 1/2 hours to Bucherest to visit a young church, 4 years old.

I was fascinated by the sights in the city. The Christmas lights were blue & white ‘trees’ strung across the street. Snow had accumulated on them, but I can just imagine they were pretty when it got dark and they were lit up.

IMG_0822

 

The meeting place for this church was in a new skyscraper owned by one of the members. They could meet here, rent free.

IMG_0851

 

The elevator was state of the art with mirrors on the sides and ceiling.

IMG_0827

 

A lot of the members are young university students and they bring their friends to introduce them to the good news of the gospel.

IMG_0832

 

They had a dedication for this baby as part of the service. And then a wonderful message from John 9, or was it 10?

IMG_0849

 

Paul liked this semi trailer rig advertising for Orange tour. He wanted to make sure I got a picture of the front grill. I thought the circular windshield and wipers were amazing.

IMG_0861

 

This was another building that took my camera’s eye. Coca-Cola!

IMG_0868

 

We passed this lady on our way to lunch and she was still there when we came back. I was glad that she was eating a plate a food and it looked like she also had warm clothes.

IMG_0869

 

Our host was Sorin with his wife Naomi & daughter. He intrepreted the church service for us and gave us a glimps of the work of the church there in Bucherest.

IMG_0877

 

Wouldn’t it be fun to have a ride in a Smart car?

IMG_0878

 

We got back to “The Potter’s House” a little late but in time for the evening church program.

IMG_0947

 

Gabi & his bride Anna Mary visited us yet after church. They are the recipients of a wedding gift, a picture painted by my niece Claire Bleu.

IMG_0964

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow! That tour bus was pretty astonishing. :)

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia I sure have enjoyed these posts on Romania. Good seeing all the people and the memories that go along with them. Jenny was dear to me because she was a mother with teenagers as I was. Good seeing her smiling face along with Maria and Peter.
I didn't realize cousin Ann Marie went along on the trip. Are they on the SLM board now?
Are you making your stack of stuff to take along to sewing retreat? I'm getting excited and starting to make my stack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...