Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Farm Life and Sequoia Quilts

Life …
I kept Talya and Georgi one day this week so their mother could help shampoo rugs at the school.
IMG_6221

Ashton looks higher than he really is.
IMG_6228

We took a walk out the lane to get the mail.
IMG_6248

The water has been leaking from the pond. Usually this is no place for the grandchildren to play; but since I was with them they had great fun throwing rocks.
IMG_6263

Paul & Ashton took me on a 4-wheeler ride across the road to look for deer. Instead, we saw lots of egrets roosting.
IMG_6273

My nephew Andy and his brother’s daughter, Emorie came last evening and spent the night on their way to Texas.
IMG_6322

There’s a red tint to some of the roofs at the shop.IMG_6335

Notice how the kernels of corn have little bits of red at the tip.
IMG_6382

It’s kind of like chaff and the farmers call it “bee’s wings.”
IMG_6394

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

… as a Quilter

The two sequoias I started earlier are now finished. These measure 5”X7”.
IMG_6355
The backs with the labels.
Copy of IMG_6360

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are lucky to have your grandchildren with you. I likie your Sequoia very much! Just beautiful!! Both sides!

jan said...

Hi Julia,
I love your Sequoia Quilt! I live on a small farm in North Georgia. I am a new follower of your blog.
I really like your cypress quilt too.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

Celtic Thistle said...

Stunning Sequoias, looks like you had fun with the grandchildren too.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Your thread painting is always so cool to look at Julia! I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Live a Colorful Life said...

Great random post. What beautiful redwoods. We have them about an hour from us and they are spectacular.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...