Friday, August 23, 2013

Flying to See Dustin & Gina and Dana Makes a Quilt

Life …
I made a fast flying trip with Paul and Joel to NY. Paul had a CAM Rapid Response meeting in PA. Joel planned to visit Dustin & Gina in NY after dropping Paul off in PA. There were 2 extra seats in the plane so I got to hop aboard to go along.
IMG_7379

Dustin took Joel to some airplane museum close by and Gina took me to a few little fabric shops around Penn Yan.

In his back yard, Dustin chopped and broke scrap slats for a bonfire.
IMG_7324

This is the back side of the house where Dustin & Gina live.
IMG_7328

They invited her family in for supper -- meat, potatoes, carrots and onions wrapped in tin foil and then smoked on the grill.
IMG_7330

Joel roasted his marshmallows to perfection.
IMG_7334

Gina fixed us a wonderful breakfast including homemade grape juice. Mmmmm good!
IMG_7360

I enjoyed my short stay with Dustin & Gina so very much. It just didn’t last long enough.
IMG_7363

On the way back to the airport Joel bought us a treat at Seneca Farms. I chose “peach” ice cream, the flavor of the week, . And that was mmmmmm good too!
IMG_7367

And then it was time to fly back home.
IMG_7370

… as a Quilter
Dana came over one day and became interested in making a small quilt. She’s a good fast learner …
IMG_7310

… and got a good start on her improvisational quilt. She’s making it similar to the quilt that Gina made here.
IMG_7401

We stopped for fuel at a small airport in Knoxville, TN. Seeing the Sunsphere reminded me of the AQS Quilt Show we had attended there earlier.
IMG_7388

3 comments:

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia your life is so full! How special for you to be able to make a quick flying trip up to Dustin and Gina's. Not to many people can pull one off like that! Were you there just one night? Sorry it didn't work out to touch base with Jeremy and Cheryl. I think the phone connections didn't work. Dustin was texting me thinking I was Jeremy. I forwarded the text on to Jeremy's.
I love it that you are getting Dana into the quilting world.

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

Enjoyed your post here. Who made the quilt draped over the sofa in one of the pics, it is pretty also.

Jo-Ann said...

What a nice trip you had -- this was interesting to me as I live about an hour away from Penn Yan and am very familiar with that area of NY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...