Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stitching – Bonnie Hunter’s Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt

With my sister Polly’s persuasion, I decided to join in the fun of making Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt, Grand Illusion this year.
I’ve thought long and hard about fabric selection considering the value of the fabrics along with the color. And yet, we don’t know how the quilt will end up so it’s hard to know which values to use. I guess it’s all part of the fun.
IMG_20141127_181838372

Bonnie posted the first clue on Friday and I’ve made 30 of the 100 broken plate blocks that are needed. Then I arranged them just so to get some sort of a design.
Copy of IMG_5324

This is last year’s mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice, that Polly and I made. I love the way both of these quilts turned out in their own unique color ways, so different, and yet so alike!
IMG_1241_thumb[5]

You can find more inspiration at these linky parties.
Grand IllusionFresh Sewing Day Patchwork Times

3 comments:

Pamelyn's Postings said...

I did last year's quilt too! Very cool to see the design you found.

Andee said...

Your CS is gorgeous! Yay for starting GI too!

Anonymous said...

Last year's turned out good; here's to next year's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...