Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Out on a Limb–Confused

Our Possum Town Quilters suggested that we make a quilt 9X12 or smaller to help raise funds for AAQI. We could choose a theme from many sayings that they provided. I chose “Out on a Limb.”  These quilts will be exhibited and sold at the RAC in Columbus, MS in July. Proceeds will go to Alzheimer’s Research. Those that don’t sell will be donated to AAQI.
Confusion is often a symptom of the disease so I’ve tried to depict it this way.
IMG_0320

This is the back, finished with the fast finished triangles AAQI suggests to use. Just place a small dowel rod under the top triangles and it’s ready to hang.
IMG_0321

IMG_0326
Size: 12”X9”
Made of mostly cotton fabric.



 

Creations by Nina-Marie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My design wall looks like a jumbled mess with 3 different projects on it. Two of them have deadlines. I must get back to quilting.
IMG_0331

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sister Emily brought Mother down from Virginia yesterday. She’s going to be with me for almost a week.
IMG_0328

Ashton has already enjoyed Great Grandmother reading “The Little Brown Bear” stories to him.
IMG_0330

13 comments:

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

My Mom had Alzheimer's so I appreciate your little quilt so much.

PollythePatchworker said...

I see Ashton has a stack of books for Grandmother to read to him.
Did mother bring a project along to sew on? How long will Emily be with you?

thebutterflyquilter said...

Your little quilt is wonderful!

Vernon and Kim said...

I loved your depiction of confusion out on a limb. :-) Have fun with your mother.

Coleen B said...

That looks like a pleasant place to be! Did you turn the edges under on that little character on your quilt? How did you make it look so neat?

Kathy S. said...

Awww. Such a cute pic of the reading of Brown Bear. Something to remember for a long time.

Sarah Craig said...

Lovely little quilt for such a worthy cause! Whoop whoop!!

Unknown said...

This was so funny little quilt :O)

Snowcatcher said...

I enjoy the Alzheimer's display at the Denver National Quilt Festival every year. I love the reversible quilting; truly effective!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Such a worthy project. I love what you did! The quilt is adorable. Enjoy the time with your great grandmother. I have a great grandson just like Ashton. He'll soon be 4.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Such interesting things on your design wall.

Lisa Chin said...

Your little quilt is awesome! It describes it so perfectly. Enjoy the time with your Mom!

M-R Charbonneau said...

WHat a wonderful thing to do, Julia! Love the facial expression on your quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...