Friday, May 03, 2013

Blue Bird, Twitter and Yellow Bird, Tweet

Can you see the tree now? You really had to have an imagination back here when I first posted.
Twitter
Twitter

Inspiration: Red Robin on Pinterest by Yolanda from TinyKiwiCreations. Used by permission.
 
And now I’ve made a second one.
Tweet
Tweet

Statics
Size: 20” X 16”
Fiber: Mostly cotton
Thread: An assortment of cotton and polyester
Fast Finished Triangles for easy mounting.
Exhibit at RAC Fiber Art Show 2013

Here are some close up pictures to see the detail.
IMG_1163

IMG_1164

IMG_1165

IMG_1166

Linking to:
Off the Wall Friday
Thank Goodnes It's Friday

11 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Absolutely stunning--both of them!

Cay Denise said...

This is the first time I've visited your blog. I love how you've laid out your blog using bloodspot!

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

Happy birdies and so pretty too! Love the use of varigated thread in the quilting.

Jan Baker said...

I love how abstract the tree is. You have magic with thread.

Judy Ferguson said...

This is an interesting design concept. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful birds! I have done a bird too this week!
Esther

Lynette said...

Nice!! And gosh, your stitching on the birds is so good. Do you just drop the feed dogs and free-motion sew?

Anonymous said...

I love them both!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Both of these are just so stunning!!

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

Love your birds so much.....

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Very nice! Great thread-painting on the birds, and I love the variegated thread in the background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...