Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Wheat Harvest and Baking Cookies

Quinten is cutting wheat while Bronson hauls it to the truck.IMG_1602

IMG_1608

Paul and Gabriel discuss what needs to be done.IMG_1610

These are mini bulk bags of soybeans that need to be planted yet after wheat. One mini bulk bags holds about 45 regular 50# sacks.IMG_1612

Paul is ready to go to the field to pick up another load of wheat.IMG_1614

I was intrigued with this little vehicle that belongs to Roy Oswalt, the baseball pitcher that we farm for. And there is a 2nd one over there. 

IMG_1616

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I invited the 4 oldest grands to come for this morning to play and have a tea party lunch. I decided they could help me make cookies. After the dough was mixed I started on the right with Kirby and said they could all dip their finger into the dough for a taste. Kirby very politely got about 1/4 teaspoon on his finger to taste. Georgi was next and her taste was just a little bigger. Then it was Stacy’s turn! … Georgi can hardly believe what she is seeing!IMG_1618

And the cookies were good after they were baked too.IMG_1631

Instead of the tea party lunch we just had a picnic out in the carport. That was much easier for me and it suited them just fine.

9 comments:

QuiltinGal said...

You are so blessed to have your grandchildren so close. Maybe some day.:)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

a picnic sounds like a lot of fun!

Pomegranate Quilts said...

What an amazing post. I hardly know anything about farming, and barely know what I'm looking at... but now I want to know more! It's amazing to see it all in action! And your grandchildren are exquisite. Blessings all around :)

Coleen B said...

What a good Grandma you are!

Sara said...

Georgi is so cute---they all are adorable!!

What a fun time!

Allison said...

thanks for the fun look into your farm operations. the grandkids are adorable! :)

Quilting Nonnie said...

I loved the pictures of your farm. So interesting! Those little cookie dough faces are adorable!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Julia. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of farm life--I live on a small citrus farm and have 2 grandkids visiting from the States for the summer. Grandkids are the sunshine of life, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Your quilts are lovely.
best, nadia

Unknown said...

Thank you for the glimpse into your life, it always looks so interesting. Love the cookie dough eating pictures. What a good grandmother you are to let them eat it.
In one week I'll be making my first trip to MS, which actually will be to your area. We're coming for the Miller- Mast wedding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...