Friday, April 18, 2014

Christmas Cactus Quilt and Irises

… as a Quilter

I started this “Christmas Cactus” quilt in February of 2004 and finished piecing it in March of 2005. It’s been stored for a long time. I finally got it out and sent it to Elmina Lee for longarm quilting. Now I’m binding it to finish it up.
IMG_2350

The iris field looked so pretty one evening this week.
IMG_2331

I went back the next morning and found cows in the field. I’m afraid the irises won’t be pretty for very long.
IMG_2339

See what other quilters are doing at
Amanda's "Finish It Up Friday"
and
Nina Maria's "Off the Wall Friday"

5 comments:

Emily H said...

Isn't that a great feeling to finish up am old quilt? What are your plans for it?

Thelma said...

Where was that field? I've seen daffodils in fields but never irises!

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Gosh, that does not look like a10 year old quilt, very beautiful! Love the field pics!

Ruthie said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the feathery looking blossoms!

Coleen B said...

That iris field is gorgeous, Aunt Julia! Please tell me you are going to do a quilt of the first picture with the black silhouette branches framing it and add a black silhoutted cow or two into the scene? yes? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...