Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another Glimpse

I have finished quilting the background and window sill for the backdrop of “Another Glimpse.”
IMG_6036

The quilting is a fun process for me, stitching +/- 1/8” apart.
IMG_6038

I cut out the cattails and grass from white paper to make an arrangement. (I plan to use a dark brown almost solid fabric for a silhouette look.) I somehow always second guess myself with the details and need some questions answered. Should there be more or less grass? more or less cattails? And how should they be arranged? Is the pot too big? Should the whole arrangement be lowered? Is it too symmetrical?
IMG_6048

I think I’ll work on something else for a while until I get some answers!

Wednesdays are WOW days crazy mom quilts Creations by Nina-Marie

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Julia, your window work is just wonderful--I love the vase of cattails. It's very realistic looking! :)

Margaret said...

I like the piece *as is*...without the vase of cat-tails...simply with the impression of something outside the window at which you're taking 'another glimpse'. Just a thought...

Regina B Dunn said...

I think the asymmetry of the cattails is just right. Generally, it's better not to put things in the center and it's better to have groups of threes. So maybe try to put three objects on the sill. And not center them. Since you don't have a full view of a window, these "rules" may not apply here. Try it and see if you like it.

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Wow - an 1/8" apart - you have more patience than I do! I like the cattails as-is - maybe a bit lower. I know you'll figure it out.

quintuplicatemom said...

I love it; you are very artistic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...