Friday, December 05, 2014

Magnolia II

… as a Quilter

It’s time to begin my “real” Magnolia for our PTQ Ultimate Guild Challenge. You can see my first sample HERE.

Can you see a very faint sketch of the magnolia through the background fabric?

I cut out oblong shapes to fill the petals and now that I’ve placed them on the background fabric I think something needs to change.

The small oblong pieces were cut from the bottom fabric. It seems I need more contrast to make a distinction with the light and dark on the petals. Should I choose another fabric for the petals? Or for the background? Or both?

I hope you enjoy lots of inspirations at these creative links.
Creations by Nina-Marie 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the subtle contrast as is. But then I don't have the image in your head to compare it to.

LA Paylor said...

you are one creative person! I don't have a sense for where you are headed with this, so it's hard to give an opinion. And I love to give an opinion. Think highlights and shadows, which could be achieved with paint too. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...