Saturday, August 01, 2015

CAM Rapid Response Meeting

I accompanied Paul and our son Joel to the annual Christian Aid Ministeries' Rapid Response Conference near Oxford, OH.

We stayed at Hueston Woods Lodge.

There were many vultures or buzzards making use of the roof on the lodge.
While the men had their meeting ...

... we ladies sat in the back and some brought along hand work. I wish I would have brought something to work on too.
 

Paul and I had a walk down to the lake.

I met a long time friend, Rachel from Minnesota. We taught school together by in the 1970s and she married one of Paul's best friends, Lynn.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Great selfie of you and Paul. I always look goofy in a selfie, so they are few and far between.

J. Layman said...

We had a speaker about this good work that CAM is doing. Your meeting is about 20 miles from where I was raised. In fact, my dad worked on the Lodge when it was built at The park! Glad for a safe trip...

Mary Lou said...

I grew up in Middletown, Ohio near the park. Have been there many times--beautiful scenery! Looks like you had a nice trip.

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia I love the picture of the women's hands with their needlework. I've often said I wish we could take our hand sewing to church and work on it during the sermon. I think I could be a great listener when my hands are busy.

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...