Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Eiffel Tower II

Eiffel Tower II -- 2018
7.5" X 10"

The Eiffel Tower is a wrought-iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. It is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. --Wikipedia

This piece answered the call to make a piece of fiber art referring to 'blue' and 'home.' "When Gustave Eiffel designed his namesake tower, he cleverly included a private apartment for himself where he hosted famous guests, like Thomas Edison. The apartment is now open for the public to tour." -- Wikipedia

I used "Google Street View" to find a pleasing view of the tower and saved a picture of the scene. From there I used an app to my liking and then printed it out onto fabric and free-motion machine stitched on top of the design. It is quilted with Superior Threads +/- 1/16th inch horizontally.
Detail

My first attempt of the tower was quilted +/-1/8th"

3 comments:

Nathalie Rabet said...

I like your representation of the Eiffel Tower. This view clearly shows the majesty of this monument.
I hope that one day, you will have the opportunity to see it for real!
Nathalie, France

Eva H. said...

Julia,you are a big talent.I wish you many days with your fantastic handwork Eva(Czech Republic)

Denise :) said...

From the photo, this piece gives the impression of being embroidered and then quilted over, the affect of which is quite pleasing! All three of the pieces are stunning (I'm working backwards to get more info on the process)! Good luck in the show/exhibit!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...