Thursday, April 22, 2021

Tutorial on Balcony at Sunrise III

This is my piece for the annual SAQA Benefit Auction. I'm calling it "Balcony at Sunrise, III"

I'm often asked how I make my pieces.
Notice the piece on the left has heat-n-bond ironed to the back. The piece on the right is marked into a grid at 1.25" intervals.


I cut 1" patches from the heat-n-bond piece...
insert mov here







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UgCuZ2zb2Y&ab_channel=JuliaGraber





...and iron them to the 1.25" gridded piece.



Then I lay the top over 2 layers of batting and the backing.

And now I'm ready for the background quilting.

Starting out.

Stitching down the silhouette.

The signed back.


2 comments:

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Yes, I have wondered! Thank you for sharing. Oly the last video worked for me, but I think I get it! Thank you again!

Unknown said...

Thank you for generously sharing this. I have been seeing your work and am so glad I found your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...