Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge -- Fun

Fun. That is the challenge for this week. And this "Crosses" quilt was fun to make.


I have a box of old 1970ish blue fabric and some yellow orange scraps that I decided to put together.


After making my wonky cross blocks I trimmed them down to measure 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" ...


... and sewed them together.


My inspiration for this quilt came from Trudy Too.


And then later I found this turtorial by LollyQuiltz on making the wondy cross blocks that would have been even more fun.

This would make a quick and easy crib quilt.

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great blocks and they look fun! Hey I think I have some of the same old fabrics as you! Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Rachel said...

Those crosses look like so much fun! Great job!

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

Thanks for posting this. For the longest time I've been wondering what to do with the box of dusty blue remnants from my beginning days of quilting. I never liked that color, but back in the day, dusty blue and a rose mauve seemed to be the only 2 colors available. I'll add orange to them and finally use them up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...