Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge

This week's challenge is called, The Best Part of My Day. I chose to make a small quilt (11" X 8 1/4") of my hands at the sewing machine.



I first had Amy take a photo of me at the sewing machine.



Then I cropped the photo.



Then I changed the image with the "glowing edges" filter on "Picture It 9."



And with the negative of that, I tried printing it on my fabric which didn't work very well.



I ended up printing the light image on paper and cutting out a portion at a time and tracing around it onto my fabric.

Detail



And now, here is a sneek peak of my work in progress for next week's "Fun."


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is pretty neat how you did that with your photo and then turned it into art quilting. Very clever!

Barbie Mills said...

I love your threadplay. Beautiful!

Jevne said...

I follow your blog by email, Julia. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it.
Jevne in NWIndiana

Lynette said...

That is so COOL! I just love it. :)

Debbie said...

Wow I would of never thought to do that. It looks so awesome!

Heather from California said...

I love this - such a simple idea but it says so much. I enjoy your blog very much.

Anonymous said...

That is interesting and different.
Shirley Wiltshire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...