Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gabriel & Dana and Scrappy Trips Quilt

Life ...

We invited our family along with a few friends in for a pizza supper last Saturday evening...
IMG_6467

...and had a grocery shower and small reception to help Gabriel and Dana set up housekeeping.
IMG_6482

While the adults visited the children played church on the stairs.
IMG_6525 1140X1842

Talya found a sitting place inside the stool instead of on the stool.
IMG_6528 1646X1765

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

… as a Quilter

I’m still working on my “Scrappy Trips” quilt. The center is all finished now so all it needs yet is a border and then I’ll be ready to quilt it.
IMG_6534

We had our regular PTQ meeting on Saturday. Here are a few quilts from the Show & Tell.
Judy finished her “Star Spin” quilt that she started in a class with my sister Barbara.
Copy of IMG_6443

These ladies took a class with Watana to make these fused art quilts.
IMG_6459 1646X697

Judy’s “Houses” quilt.
IMG_6448 1646X1402

Watana made this convergence quilt.
IMG_6434 1646X2231

A charity quilt using blocks from a Karen Combs class.

11 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

The children are sooo cute playing church, bless their hearts!
Your scrappy trip is lovely!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

ChristaQuilts said...

I love the colors in your scrappy trips quilt. So pretty!

Melissa said...

Good luck with your borders! The quilts from the meeting are lovely!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Such sweet pictures of the children! Your trip along looks great too and the meeting quilts are lovely!

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

Always love your blog post's, especially your quilts.............

Marelize Ries said...

Although the quilt you're busy with and the pictures you shared of the others are amazing, the best must be of the kids playing church, it is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing and linking up to 'Anything Goes'

Rachaeldaisy said...

The photo of the children sitting on the stairs is so cute. I love your Scrappy Trips Quilt. The dark blue squares really create a great pattern throughout.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Scrappy Trip quilt is beautiful! What pretty colors! I love how it goes together so well. I just finished a Scrappy Trip and it is scrappy!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love the vibrant colors in your Scrappy Trip! I can't wait to see your progress on it!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

Love your Scrappy Trip quilt. Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from My Quilt Infatuation. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Live a Colorful Life said...

The children are adorable. And I really like your scrappy trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...