Friday, August 02, 2013

Harvest and Quilting Goal

Life …

Angie & Tina came over for a while last evening and brought her grapes along. I helped her pull them off the clusters to get them ready for her to make juice.
IMG_6107

Tina thinks it’s so fun to stand on a chair up at the sink with water to help her mama.
IMG_6123


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rode one lap, (Well, not even a lap, more like one swath.)  in the combine cutting corn with Paul, Ashton, and his Dr. Pepper.
IMG_6170

I don’t understand how Paul knows what button to push or lever to pull at the right moment.
IMG_6173

The hopper on the combine is full. There is a rotating beacon that warns the person with the grain cart when the hopper is 3/4 full and then when it’s all the way full, saying “come and get it!”
IMG_6178

Waiting for the truck to arrive.
IMG_6186

Paul talks with the farm hands, Jamie and Jerry.
IMG_6197

Unloading corn from the combine to the hopper bottom.
IMG_6200

Ashton found my nut grinder and wondered what it was and how it worked. So we decided he could grind corn instead of my expensive pecans.
IMG_6091

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

… as a Quilter

I’m setting a goal to get my “Scrappy Trips” (you have to scroll down to the bottom of the post) all pieced and the top ready for quilting by the end of August.

3 comments:

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

What a machine. WOW!

QuiltinGal said...

Your are a good grandma. How sweet to find something that Ashton could chop in the chopper.

Floyd Heatwole said...

Julia; The ladies like to comment on you're things, I like to look at Paul's things. Impressive operation would like to come see it sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...