Tuesday, November 26, 2013

36th Wedding Anniversary and WIP – Sailboat III

Life …

Amy and Ashton took …
IMG_9778

… Paul and me to Longhorn Steak House for our 36th wedding anniversary.
IMG_9772

… as a Quilter

I started my third Sailboat quilt by sending my fabric through the printer and printing it in color. Then I ironed it to heat set the ink. I didn’t have any Bubble Jet Heat Set, so I just washed it anyway, and the blue faded away into the water. So now my challenge is to put color back into the piece using fabric and thread.
IMG_9781

Here I’ve added some fabric and I think I’m ready now to add more color with thread.
IMG_9782

Congratulations to the winner,  #43, of my 4 yards of fabric in my giveaway. Siouxzq64 said “I like Tweet the little goldfinch looks just like the ones which hop around my lilacs during the summer.”
Creations by Nina-Marie

9 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to many more!
Ashton is such a cutie :o)
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Jessica Pyykkonen said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the Sail Boat Quilt (It was my top pick when I entered your giveaway last week:)

Vicki H said...

Congrats. We celebrated our 36th anniversary on the 26th as well. What a coincidence.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Sorry about your loss of color but you have been trying 'modern' quilting recently. Ever thought about painting on fabric? I see that on Quilting Arts quite often

Live a Colorful Life said...

Happy anniversary!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Excellent job putting the blue back into the sail.

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

Great idea to add fabric to a printed photo! I can also see what NOT using Bubble Jet Set does to a photo, thanks for the example. I've rinsed my fabric photos that have been treated, and only got a little excess color bleed off. Nothing like the fading you got. beautiful sailboats, all 3.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Happy Anniversary, Julia! Your boat is looking great so far!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

I find this process absolutely fascinating! Thanks so much for linking up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...