Sunday, December 18, 2011

Welcome Tina

Paul and I are grandparents again.v22
This time to, Tina Sue, born to our youngest son, Craig & Ang.v23
We took lunch to them after church today soon after they arrived home. And I got to hold her again.
Julian & Jodie left yesterday morning. I was glad that we got her "Disappearing Nine-Patch" quilt finished. She was so tickled and now I think her friends are quite envious.v25
Recently I found an older quilt top in a local antique store. I didn't purchase it right away because I just wasn't sure that I wanted to quilt it. After I got home and thought on it a while, I decided that I really should go back and inspect that quilt top and really see if it would be worth the time and effort to quilt. So I did. After considering that it was hand stitched and in very nice shape and only cost $27.50 with a 10% discount, I purchased it. Now that I have it home, I feel like I really found a treasure. Unfortunately I don't have any history of who made it or how old it is. If anyone can help me on dating it, I'd be so grateful. I put it in the quilt frame yesterday so as to have some had quilting available for over the holidays and this winter.v26

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...