Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sewing Retreat

My sister Emily found this postage stamp quilt treasure at an antique store in Ohio. She plans to repair a few spots and hand quilt it to finish it up.
IMG_5208

Mother is the first to finish up a project. She made this reversible ragged edge lap quilt from some flannel she found at the thrift store.

This afternoon I was delighted to have a visit from some long time friends that I haven't seen for years. Grace Anna and I go way back to Bank Church and high school days. 
IMG_5254

Louise and I go back to preschool days when our parents took us to the Smokey Mountains. We grew up as childhood playmates in church and school.IMG_5250 for e-mail cropped

Timmy & Diana watch my sister Polly working on their wedding quilt.
IMG_5248

My sister Barbara doesn't know it, but her grandbaby Brighton is learning to whistle at an early age.
IMG_5247

After church this morning we took the long way home and crossed over the slab at the Bank Church.
IMG_5237

My sister Sheila is showing us a wonderful quilt that she started years ago. I hope she can get it finished this week. She is such a busy hostess and taking such good care of us. Thank you so much, Sheila.
IMG_5204

3 comments:

Lynette said...

How lucky you are to have so many quilting sisters. :D

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was
entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!
Here is my weblog ; make money online forum

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my pal who informed me regarding this web page and now this time I
am visiting this site and reading very informative
posts at this time.

My web site ::
My page:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...