Sunday, January 08, 2012

Orca Bay, Georgi's Birthday, & Concrete

My Orca Bay mystery quilt is still in the assembly stage. Bonnie has done a fantastic job in giving us step by step instructions for making this beautiful quilt.
To see more "Monday Design Walls" visit Judy.
a1
I decided to swap around the light and dark Ohio Stars and also to replace the white stars with the black background with a blue center. Then I think it's important to make sure the blue strings are running diagonally toward the blue centered Ohio Stars. Does that make any sence?

Paul wanted to add on a lean-to to the shop to get some of the farming equipment in out of the weather. Last week they poured concrete with the "Three Muskateers" looking on.
a3
a2

Last evening we had in all the children and their families for a pizza supper. This little tiny Tina likes to be held.
a6

Then we celebrated Georgi's 2nd birthday.
a5
a4

Flinging the wrapping to get to the present!
a9

The boys just have to help out.
a7

What a cute little sleeping bag stuffed inside a weiner dog for a pillow.
a8

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww happy birthday, Georgi!! Looks like fun!
Gina

Jo said...

I love your OB quilt. I wish I had used a lighter blue in the string blocks as you did. Mine is dark and the quilt doesn't POP as nicely.

Nann said...

Congratulations on your OB! It's interesting to see how much variation there is even among the OB's done with Bonnie's colorway.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

I like the changes you're making to Orca Bay. That will look terrific.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

I love your Orca Bay. Your setting is very creative!

marcella said...

Your mystery quilt looks great. Good idea to watch the direction of those strippy blocks. What adorable little ones you have at your house!

Cathy said...

I love the effect of changing the placement of the darks stars gives this quilt. I think I'm going to have to imitate your placement.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Julia - I like your setting. It looks like the one I came up with - check it out!!

http://quilterbob.blogspot.com/2011/12/bob-and-orca-bay.html

A Left-Handed Quilter
aka BOB

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The way you have changed the blocks is beautiful! This is going to look like an entirely different quilt! Thank goodness the weather has been warm enough for concrete and it looks like a wonderful birthday party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...