Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Trunk Show at Our House

When Cindy A. asked to bring 19 quilters to our house to see and talk quilts, I was more than happy to oblige.
Cindy Allgood (Julia's)

I draped quilts over the balcony and told stories of each one and then flipped it back to the couch on the loft.
Cindy Allgood 3

Then they gathered in my bedroom for a …
Cindy Allgood 5

… bed turning.
Cindy Allgood 4

I showed them my sewing room and talked about my fiber art quilts.
Cindy Allgood 7

Lunch was next on the agenda.
Cindy Allgood 8

It was a beautiful day and some of the ladies chose to …
IMG_3821

… eat outside on the carport.
IMG_3823

Then we gathered back into the living room to talk more quilts.

I think I enjoyed the day as much as they said they did!
When they left here they stopped at The Ole Country Bakery in Brooksville and then headed South to The Village Cloth Shop in DeKalb, MS. I wonder what all they bought!

Fresh Sewing Day

Creations by Nina-Marie

6 comments:

Anne Esteve said...

What a wonderful experience - glad they were able to be with the master quilter !!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fun day trip!

Shirley Wiltshire

Nana said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Wish I could have joined in. Beautiful quilts from a wonderful teacher.

Michelle said...

That looks like a fun day was had by everyone! What beautiful quilts you have made.

pens and needles said...

How I wish I could have been part of that lucky group! And a stop at the bakery for some monkey bread would have been the perfect ending to a perfectly great day!
I don't know the fabric store -- but I'd love to visit it, too.

Emily H said...

Now I know why you did all the cleaning and organizing :) i'm sure the day was a highlight in your summer. Why didn't you go on with them for the rest of the day? You have a great bunch to be with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...