Monday, August 18, 2014

Small Fiber Art Composition

Now what shall it be?

Ebb and Flow?
IMG_4143

Swimming Lanes?
IMG_4143

Man with a Walking Stick?
IMG_4143

Twisted Cords?
 IMG_4143

Dimensions: 9.75” X 6.75”
Cotton Fiber
Heavily quilted with Superior Thread
Fused applique
$45
Ready for hanging with “Fast Finished Triangles.”

Notice how the composition wanted to buckle after I added the binding.
IMG_4134

Soaking the fibers with water and drying it flat solved the problem.
IMG_4145

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that it’s all basted, I have begun to quilt my “Bubbled Double Nine Patch.”
IMG_4138

3 comments:

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia do you use the Sharon Shambers basting method? I see you are using up more of your lushes thread. I havn't broken into mine yet. I have one more project to get done before I can get back to my quilting and fun.

Gina said...

Stunning. Reminds me of the rain on a road xx

Unknown said...

I like the first two pictures the best. I love the blue "waves"- reminds me of surfers catching a wave! The yellow makes me think of speed bumps. But a surfer racing over speed bumps sounds rather painful and not too promising!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...