Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Emerald Pine

IMG_0393

I decided to take the challenge of making a mini quilt with “emerald” in mind.
2013 Emerald Quilt Challenge
 
After I had chosen my fabric I decided the green really had too much blue in it for emerald. So I added a light green horizontal quilting thread in the gray strips, darker green on the emerald strips, charcoal on the black, and a variegated blue and green thread to make the pine tree. Then I used brown on the trunk.
IMG_0461

This quilt has a subtle look to the pine and draws you in for a closer look. It is stitched with organic lines approximately 1/8th inch apart.
Size: 16” X 18 1/4”

In the pines, in the pines …
IMG_0353

IMG_0366

IMG_0371

From a distance I think of a pine tree against the night sky. As you come in closer you can see how it lights up and brings life to the piece.
IMG_0391

IMG_0389

The back.

The label.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton takes Great Grandmother’s order for a cheeseburger, fries, and coke.
IMG_0399 - Copy

I had a quilt presentation in Tuscaloosa and enjoyed the WAQG meeting and show and tell. One of the ladies made Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street.
IMG_0415

We had the family in for pizza and after supper. The grands enjoyed the Legos – great fun for building and just mixing them up and pulling them out of the container.
IMG_0443 - Copy

4 comments:

Coleen B said...

Tell Ashton I want a burger and fries too, but I also want an ice cream cone! Give Mother and Ashton a hug for me.
Is the Bonnie Hunter quilt the same pattern you and Polly did a while back? It looks familiar.

Sam said...

I love your pine tree!!! Very creative use of thread.

Ali said...

Very cool emerald mini! I love how you chose to quilt it!!!

Regina said...

Great interpretation of a pine tree, and you have a lovely family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...