Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunrises and Guests

This is our view from the front porch early one morning last week.


A few minutes later, it looked like this.


And then one evening just before full moon, it looked like this.


Rick & Leona Good came to see us this past week.


While the men went to an equipment auction in Philadelphia, we ladies viewed quilts at the library in Columbus, took in an exhibit at the Columbus Art Center, went to a thrift store and an antique shop, and then had lunch at Cafe on Main. When we got home Leona set to sewing a quilt she brought along.


Paul's sister, Jeanie accompanied us and she helped Leona sew her quilt together.



I started machine quilting my Jungle Quilt.

And now my goal is to finish it by the end of April.

Leona and I each had 1 yard of "jungle" fabric that we challenged each other to make some sort of crib quilt.



The sunrise on another day.


Last evening in addition to having our children in for supper we invited these MDS couples to join us.

Lynn & Nettie Hiebert


Lloyd & Irene




My nephew Scott Hostetler and a friend, Jesse also joined us.

5 comments:

Ptquilter said...

The sunrise/sunset pictures look like a new quilt series being born. Lovely

Coleen B said...

I would always know where those sky pictures are taken because of that elephant tree over on the other side of the water!

Shauna said...

What beautiful sunrise pictures and the evening one with the moon! Nothing like spending time with friend and family.

OPQuilt said...

If I had scenery like that off of my porch, I'm not sure I'd get ANY quilting done. I would just sit and look. You had a busy time this week, finishing up quilts and entertaining. Quite impressive! Love those crib quilts (I love the use of your giant X's).

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

marcella said...

You two did a great job with your jungle fabric challenge. They are both beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...