Friday, March 09, 2012

"In My Father's House Are Many Mansions"

... and that's the title of the song and my quilt. Thank you for all the guesses at what song I was trying to depict. They were all good. I especially liked how Martha picked "We're Marching On to Zion, ... the Beautiful City of God," and then that song kept ringing in her mind all day long!
I had a goal of getting all the fusing finished by Monday, and now I've even done more than that. I think it's ready to quilt.

Stitching through Heat & Bond, Steam-a-Seam, and Wonder Under gummed up my needle, but I kept plugging away.

Amy's Creative Side


I took care of Georgi one day at the office. She is a full time job, let alone trying to do office work.

Georgi's umbrella reminds me of Sally in the Dick & Jane Readers.


Amy & Ashton fixing treats for the Girls Club.



Paul's sister, Miriam, was surprised when we showed up for her birthday.


It was a chilly evening and the fire felt good.


Those soft brown marshmallows were free for the taking and oh, sooooo good!


Miriam was tickled with her bicycle that Kenneth gave her. She brought it into the house so the rain wouldn't spoil it.


Recent guests in our home were Jerrel & Paula with Nic & Micah.


The Grabers wanted to visit with them before they left for home in Colorado.


Friends of Colonel Sanders at KFC.


After 2 games of Sequence, Gabriel (not pictured), Laura, Paul and I had 2 good games of ...


... Blokus.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Fun times :) And your quilt is amazing, by the way!

Nancy said...

The quilt is fantastic.. good for you to stick to it while stitching through the layers! Fun family times,too.

Em said...

Hello. I hopped over from Amy's creative side. I must admit, I'm slightly confused by the variety of things happening in this post, but I do love your quilt.

Sandy Beach Sewing said...

Julia, your quilt is beautiful. It just seems to sing to my soul. I think it's the rays that sing and the city that is happy and proclaiming rejoice, rejoice.

Sandy http://sandybeachsewing.blogspot.com

The Thompsons said...

Fun stuff going on & your quilt is gorgeous!

Jacs Sacs said...

Beautiful quilt!! Looks like a lot of fun family times down your way -- Blokus is our family's favorite game!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...