Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WIP -- The Start of Something New

I began a new project with this piece of fabric for my background.
IMG_7569

I cut out 1 1/2” squares and then shaped them like a lily, thinking I would fuse them to my background fabric. I placed a few of the cut out lily shapes onto the background flowers and thought they didn’t show up enough.
IMG_7765

Then Emily took the little tiny leftover triangles and fused them on to a yellow background here, and I love what she has going on.
IMG_7631

So, I decided to change my background too.
IMG_7758

I added a border to make it bigger and then …
IMG_7762

… proceeded to lay the lily shapes on the yellow background. But … I just wasn’t happy with the way it looked.

IMG_7770

So … I went back to my original idea, the flower background and laid more lily shapes onto it. Now I think I’m liking it!
IMG_7773

And now I've added borders and finished the background.



Follow on Bloglovin
Creations by Nina-Marie

15 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! I love that you take us through your thought processes as you create, Julia! Can't wait to see where this one is going!

Dena@LivingWaterQuilter.com said...

Wow, this is so creative! I was thinking about doing a similar thing with my left over triangles, but did not know how to begin. Now I know.

starflash quilts said...

That's amazing, lovely effect!

a maidenhair fern said...

love the last photo . . . simply beautiful.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

I agree...last view is amazing! Wow, I am impressed with all the detail!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is so beautiful. The colors are so rich, but softly blending at the same time. I love it!

Thanks for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Sharon Rotz said...

Very interesting, I like how you shaped the border. It adds so much drama to the center.

Sylvia said...

I enjoyed seeing your thought process, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow and wow and wow.

LA Paylor said...

lots of wows here. Awesome post seeing the progression.
LeeAnna Paylor

Regina B Dunn said...

It's marvelous.

Lynette said...

Whoa!! that's some serious play going on there! Very cool :)

Heidi said...

Very creative project! Now I can hardly wait to see what you do with the squares and triangles you're collecting in that little bin...

Christine S said...

Wow! :)

Unknown said...

Love how you kept going, and what a beautiful final result! Simply wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...