Sunday, October 06, 2013

Emily’s Red Bird Quilt and Design Wall Monday

Emily has already finished another fiber art quilt she is calling “Red Bird.”
IMG_8121

It measures 12”X15”.

I love the beads she added for berries that you can see in this detail shot.
IMG_8122

Visit Quilt Matters  and QuokkaQuilts for more finishes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Design Wall Monday

Dana’s nine wonky blocks are waiting to be sewn together.

My rooster quilt on the left is folded/rolled up to make room for some blocks that I pulled out of storage. I started making a sampler quilt years ago and got sidetracked. Now I’m thinking maybe I should just finish each block separately making them into little fiber art wall hangings.
IMG_8159

Maybe I’ll look at them for a while and see if any other inspiration strikes.

18 comments:

Julianne said...

Great work

jan said...

I love the red bird and bead berries. really pretty. I think you should finish the sampler. Those blocks look terrific together and would make an awesome little quilt.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The red bird is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Unknown said...

Sooooo beautiful!!!!!!

Anita said...

I love the bird and berries. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The red of the cardinal is so striking! Love it!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Love the Red Bird - he is beautiful! I made one by needle felting a few weeks ago. Check it out on my blog and tell Emily that i love her creation!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Red Bird is awesome! Lots of lovelies on your design board!

Muv said...

Hello Julia,

Emily's little cardinal picture is beautiful. The beads are a lovely touch - time consuming, but always worth it.

Love from England,
Muv

Rosa said...

These blocks are spectacular!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

the cardinal is so neat! Those little bead berries are the perfect touch.

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

Wow! That bird and all the details are amazing! Thanks so much for linking up :)

Shannon said...

the bird is so pretty! It makes me feel like winter is coming!

Regina B Dunn said...

Such a lovely design and beautifully executed.

Snowcatcher said...

I, too, adore the beaded detail in Emily's quilt, and I am falling in love with your wonky blocks.

M-R Charbonneau said...

It's so beautiful! Gorgeous! I love cardinals too. The quilting adds such great texture! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF! and OctoberQuest2!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...