Saturday, December 21, 2013

Celtic Solstice and Sailboat Quilts

Life …

Paul with “the boys.” “The girls” all went away for Christmas.
IMG_0465

Quinten is glad for some meat for their freezer.
IMG_0443

… as a Quilter

I have finished step 1 and step 3 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice mystery quilt. I’m afraid the lavender and green don’t contrast enough!
IMG_0479

In the mean time I pulled out my Sailboat III that I started earlier HERE and put it on my design wall (Patchwork Times). Perhaps I need to wash it again to get the green trees and green grass to bleed some more. It just seems to have too much going on. Any suggestions?
IMG_0467 Large e-mail view

And now I have started Sailboat IV. My idea here is to use the same fabric in the reflection as I use in the sky, grass, and sailboat. Then I want to lay black toile over the water part which you can hardly see at the dark brown fabric in the picture below. Maybe I should add another layer or two to make the water darker. What do you think? After quilting it, I’ll add the top sailboat.
IMG_0473 Large e-mail view

3 comments:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Julia your Sailboats are spectacular. On Sailboat III if you want to dampen the reflection try positioning some white organza over the water and see if it calms the busyness for you. I really think its lovely though and a binding may be all you need - just a frame to complete it. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltinGal said...

Your grandsons all look like they are full of mischief. It is fun to see your art quilts and how the come about.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great photos of the guys and I'm sure your Celtic Solstice blocks will end up working just fine. Your sailboats are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...