Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Start of Something New

Except for maybe the color, I found 2 completely different fabrics in my stash.

I applied Heat-n-Bond to the back of the fabric on the left and cut out 7/8” square patches on the diagonal. I starched the fabric on the right and then drew a grid of  1 3/16” squares onto the fabric. Starting in the bottom left corner I cut only a few rows of patches at a time of the fused fabric and ironed them to the fabric on the right. It was essential for me to keep all the square patches oriented correctly and in correct order.
IMG_5025

And now my piece of background needs a focal point.

3 comments:

Nana said...

Two very different fabric patterns but the colors are perfect. Like the fact that it is not batik and it is working up so beautifully.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! Now I want to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I 'seen' a black swan right away....
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...