Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Magnolia Sewing Circle

Today I got to sew with the ladies and children from church at our regular monthly sewing circle.
IMG_4899

They started quilting a new top that had languished in the back corner of the cupboard for years.
IMG_4900

Sherilyn sews the binding to a quilt that Paul’s mom embroidered years ago when she worked nights at the hospital.
IMG_4897

Sisters, Rosetta and Cheryl pieced blocks for tops.
IMG_4898  IMG_4904

Evie and Karla cut out small dresses to be sewn up.
IMG_4901

Carson and Alan found building blocks for entertainment.
IMG_4906

Teryn reminds me so much of his daddy when he was this age.
IMG_4903

Evie helped spearhead this project of clothing and such for Operation Ukraine.
IMG_4907

Rhoda and Karla manhandled those boxes easily.
IMG_4910

IMG_4911

I sewed the ‘string’ blocks together for this ‘string’ quilt that was started a year ago.
IMG_4915

I brought it home and cut more strings to make it two rows longer.
IMG_4913
We’ll work more on it next month at our “Guest Day Sewing.”

4 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks like you ladies are clearing up some ufos! how wonderful! It is good to know that sewing groups also have the ufos too! I really like the string quilt! How pretty! I must get a move on my ufos too so I can make one of these!

Lynette said...

I love your posts. :) There are always such lovely projects to enjoy, and the camaraderie that flows from your interactions is so infectious!

Marti M said...

I like your Fiesta Fireworks quilt. It is beautiful.

Marti M said...

I am a follower via email. Thanks for the giveaway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...